Part of being in 4th grade is learning how to become an independent learner. This process takes some guidance and support from parents at home.
Some ways to ensure this process are:
- Please do a weekly binder and supply check with your children to help keep them organized and prepared for class.
- Any papers in sheet protectors or hold punched in binder are to be left in binder as a classroom resource.
- Loose papers need to be filed or removed
Binders are expected to have the necessary supplies at any given time. Random binder checks will be completed and students who have all necessary materials will be reward. For a list of expected materials click here.
- Friday Folders help students (and parents) keep track of progress in self-management in lieu of point sheets this year.
- Planners are filled out with homework at the end of each class. If students do not have homework “NH” will be written. Any blank lines mean they didn’t fill it in.
- There is a place to sign their planners each night. Please get in the habit of doing this as it shows me that you are checking your child’s homework and ensuring all has been completed.
- Please sign them and have them return it on Monday.
(Scholar Dollars are not awarded for self-management points if point sheets are not returned.)